Visiting hours today: 9:00 - 16:00

The Mill

The interior of the medieval castle mill building, reconstructed in 1902, houses authentic modern mill equipment from the end of the 18th century. It is a good example that illustrates the approach of the conservators. The reconstructed former monastic buildings that did not survive till present times were furnished with elements of old architecture, such as medieval details or pillars. A set of wooden mechanisms from a dismantled horse mill near Malbork gives the new interior an aged look, at the same time preserving the region’s technical culture. However, these elements, including a wheel, were only placed there later, as the original Teutonic Knights’ mill was a water-powered facility.

Interior of the mill. The walls are partly brick and partly wooden. Rough plank floor. A wooden treadmill in the middle. Slightly to the left is the grain grinder. Filled bags against the wall.

Tickets

Buy tickets online

Opening Hours

  • Mon - Sun:9:00 - 16:00
Exhibitions
  • Tue - Sun:9:00 - 15:00

Contact

Tourist Information

  • +48 55 647 08 00
  • +48 55 647 09 02
  • +48 55 647 09 78